ALSO READYou may get part refund for Jio 4G phone before 3 years. Here's why JioPhone is a feature handset with smartphone-like capabilities: Know more JioPhone pre-booking starts; here's how to do it online by paying Rs 500 JioPhone pre-booking begins on August 24, sale to start in September Success of Reliance JioPhone to depend on wooing price-conscious 2G users
- The JioPhone carries a warranty period of twelve (12) months commencing from the date on which the JioPhone is delivered to the consumer.
- The JioPhone is restricted for use only on Jio network and the scope of using any other SIM card in the device is ruled out.
- The subscriber is bound to make a cumulative payment of Rs 1,500 towards recharges per annum for 3 years. Failing to do so allows the company to repossess the JioPhone.
- The JioPhone recipients willing to return the device early will be charged ‘Early Return Charges’, which are as follows
|Time of Return of JioPhone||Early Return Charges|
|Upto 12 months from the date of first issue of the JioPhone||Rs 1,500 plus applicable GST or other taxes|
|After 12 months and up to 24 months from the date of first issue of the JioPhone||Rs 1,000 plus applicable GST or other taxes|
|After 24 months and up to 36 months from the date of first issue of the JioPhone||Rs 500 plus applicable GST or other taxes|
- The security deposit is refundable only after completion of 36-months and before 39-months from the date of first issue of JioPhone.
- The security deposit would be forfeited without any further notice to the recipient if the phone is not returned within the 3-month window post completion of 36-months.
- The recipient cannot resell, lease, assign, and transfer or otherwise dispose-of the JioPhone in any manner whatsoever.
- The company (Reliance Retail Limited), its licensees and agents, may collect and store recordings of your voice when you use voice commands to control a service.