You are here: Home » Current Affairs » News » National

CBI starts manhunt for second suspect in journalist Rajdeo Ranjan's murder

Prime suspect Mohammed Kaif is in judicial custody after he surrendered in a Siwan court on September 21

teams on Friday launched an operation to look for Mohammed Javed, another suspect in the murder of Siwan-based journalist on May 13 this year.

Prime suspect is in judicial custody after he surrendered in a court on September 21.

The agency which started probe last week has set up a camp office in where relatives of Javed were called to locate the alleged sharp shooter, agency sources said.

They said the teams have also gone to the residence of Javed and were looking for him at a number of other locations.

The sources said here that a special team of forensic experts from will soon be reaching to further the probe.

It has been four months since the murder and they will use the expertise of to recreate crime scene and pick up minute pieces of information and evidence as well as analyse the evidence collected by the local police.

The sources said the team is about to leave for very soon and will have some of the best hands to ensure that the case is solved as quickly as possible.

had registered a case in the murder of journalist on September 15 against unknown assailants.

The sources said that former RJD MP Shahbuddin who was released recently on bail was under the scanner of Bihar Police which was probing the case till recently.

The case again came into limelight as a photograph appeared of absconding suspects Kaif and Javed with Shahbuddin after his release from Bhagalpur jail on September 7 on bail granted by Patna High Court.

They said it is suspected that the killing was the handiwork of some influential persons.

After the Bihar government recommended a probe, the agency took over the investigation in the murder case which has been registered under the IPC sections related to criminal conspiracy, murder and arms act.

According to the rules, takes over same FIR which has been registered by the state police. However, the sources said, the investigation of the agency are completely free and it may arrive at any conclusion which may or may not be in concurrence with the state police.

image
Business Standard
177 22
Business Standard

CBI starts manhunt for second suspect in journalist Rajdeo Ranjan's murder

Prime suspect Mohammed Kaif is in judicial custody after he surrendered in a Siwan court on September 21

Press Trust of India  |  New Delhi 

Rajdeo Ranjan (Source: ANI, Twitter)
Rajdeo Ranjan (Source: ANI, Twitter)

teams on Friday launched an operation to look for Mohammed Javed, another suspect in the murder of Siwan-based journalist on May 13 this year.

Prime suspect is in judicial custody after he surrendered in a court on September 21.

The agency which started probe last week has set up a camp office in where relatives of Javed were called to locate the alleged sharp shooter, agency sources said.

They said the teams have also gone to the residence of Javed and were looking for him at a number of other locations.

The sources said here that a special team of forensic experts from will soon be reaching to further the probe.

It has been four months since the murder and they will use the expertise of to recreate crime scene and pick up minute pieces of information and evidence as well as analyse the evidence collected by the local police.

The sources said the team is about to leave for very soon and will have some of the best hands to ensure that the case is solved as quickly as possible.

had registered a case in the murder of journalist on September 15 against unknown assailants.

The sources said that former RJD MP Shahbuddin who was released recently on bail was under the scanner of Bihar Police which was probing the case till recently.

The case again came into limelight as a photograph appeared of absconding suspects Kaif and Javed with Shahbuddin after his release from Bhagalpur jail on September 7 on bail granted by Patna High Court.

They said it is suspected that the killing was the handiwork of some influential persons.

After the Bihar government recommended a probe, the agency took over the investigation in the murder case which has been registered under the IPC sections related to criminal conspiracy, murder and arms act.

According to the rules, takes over same FIR which has been registered by the state police. However, the sources said, the investigation of the agency are completely free and it may arrive at any conclusion which may or may not be in concurrence with the state police.

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

CBI starts manhunt for second suspect in journalist Rajdeo Ranjan's murder

Prime suspect Mohammed Kaif is in judicial custody after he surrendered in a Siwan court on September 21

Prime suspect Mohammed Kaif is in judicial custody after he surrendered in a Siwan court on September 21
teams on Friday launched an operation to look for Mohammed Javed, another suspect in the murder of Siwan-based journalist on May 13 this year.

Prime suspect is in judicial custody after he surrendered in a court on September 21.

The agency which started probe last week has set up a camp office in where relatives of Javed were called to locate the alleged sharp shooter, agency sources said.

They said the teams have also gone to the residence of Javed and were looking for him at a number of other locations.

The sources said here that a special team of forensic experts from will soon be reaching to further the probe.

It has been four months since the murder and they will use the expertise of to recreate crime scene and pick up minute pieces of information and evidence as well as analyse the evidence collected by the local police.

The sources said the team is about to leave for very soon and will have some of the best hands to ensure that the case is solved as quickly as possible.

had registered a case in the murder of journalist on September 15 against unknown assailants.

The sources said that former RJD MP Shahbuddin who was released recently on bail was under the scanner of Bihar Police which was probing the case till recently.

The case again came into limelight as a photograph appeared of absconding suspects Kaif and Javed with Shahbuddin after his release from Bhagalpur jail on September 7 on bail granted by Patna High Court.

They said it is suspected that the killing was the handiwork of some influential persons.

After the Bihar government recommended a probe, the agency took over the investigation in the murder case which has been registered under the IPC sections related to criminal conspiracy, murder and arms act.

According to the rules, takes over same FIR which has been registered by the state police. However, the sources said, the investigation of the agency are completely free and it may arrive at any conclusion which may or may not be in concurrence with the state police.
image
Business Standard
177 22

Upgrade To Premium Services

Welcome User

Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"

As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:

  • Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
  • Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
  • Access to 17 plus years of content archives
  • Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
  • End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
  • NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.
 

Premium Services

In Partnership with

 

Dear Guest,

 

Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.

Enjoy Reading!
Team Business Standard