You are here: Home » Current Affairs » News » National

From SMU Bhuabaneswar to AMRI, a list of major hospital fire outbreaks in India

Lack of facilities and negligence of hospital management has lead to such devastating incidents

Twenty two patients died and many others were injured in a major accident at a private hospital in on Monday evening. The death toll is likely to rise further, with the injured being shifted to various hospitals in the city. 

This is not the first time a hospital has caught attention. There have been several such incidents in the past.

Earlier this year, a broke out in Medical College and Hospital in West Bengal. The August 2016 killed two staff members of the hospital. The eye witnesses said that there was no disaster management in place to prevent an unfavourable incident.  Faulty electric wiring was the cause of the fire. 

In November 2015, a major broke out at Shishu Bhawan hospital in that gutted machines  worth Rs 11 lakh, and left one child severely injured. The hospital was already in the news for months over the of several infants due to negligence of doctors.

Faulty electric wiring caused a outbreak at PBM Hospital, in January 2013, injuring three infants and damaging property. The wires could not carry the load due to which the mishap occured.

The infamous hospital fire incident in is still afresh. On December 2011, a major broke out in the hospital, leaving 89 dead. The began in the basement, where highly inflammable material was allegedly stored. Eyewitnesses said they first spotted and reported smoke streaming from the hospital around 3 a.m, but the first engine arrived only two hours later. 

image
Business Standard
177 22
Business Standard

From SMU Bhuabaneswar to AMRI, a list of major hospital fire outbreaks in India

Lack of facilities and negligence of hospital management has lead to such devastating incidents

BS Web Team  |  New Delhi 

15 killed, 70 injured in fire at a garment factory
Representative Image

Twenty two patients died and many others were injured in a major accident at a private hospital in on Monday evening. The death toll is likely to rise further, with the injured being shifted to various hospitals in the city. 

This is not the first time a hospital has caught attention. There have been several such incidents in the past.

Earlier this year, a broke out in Medical College and Hospital in West Bengal. The August 2016 killed two staff members of the hospital. The eye witnesses said that there was no disaster management in place to prevent an unfavourable incident.  Faulty electric wiring was the cause of the fire. 

In November 2015, a major broke out at Shishu Bhawan hospital in that gutted machines  worth Rs 11 lakh, and left one child severely injured. The hospital was already in the news for months over the of several infants due to negligence of doctors.

Faulty electric wiring caused a outbreak at PBM Hospital, in January 2013, injuring three infants and damaging property. The wires could not carry the load due to which the mishap occured.

The infamous hospital fire incident in is still afresh. On December 2011, a major broke out in the hospital, leaving 89 dead. The began in the basement, where highly inflammable material was allegedly stored. Eyewitnesses said they first spotted and reported smoke streaming from the hospital around 3 a.m, but the first engine arrived only two hours later. 

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

From SMU Bhuabaneswar to AMRI, a list of major hospital fire outbreaks in India

Lack of facilities and negligence of hospital management has lead to such devastating incidents

Lack of facilities and negligence of hospital management has lead to such devastating incidents
Twenty two patients died and many others were injured in a major accident at a private hospital in on Monday evening. The death toll is likely to rise further, with the injured being shifted to various hospitals in the city. 

This is not the first time a hospital has caught attention. There have been several such incidents in the past.

Earlier this year, a broke out in Medical College and Hospital in West Bengal. The August 2016 killed two staff members of the hospital. The eye witnesses said that there was no disaster management in place to prevent an unfavourable incident.  Faulty electric wiring was the cause of the fire. 

In November 2015, a major broke out at Shishu Bhawan hospital in that gutted machines  worth Rs 11 lakh, and left one child severely injured. The hospital was already in the news for months over the of several infants due to negligence of doctors.

Faulty electric wiring caused a outbreak at PBM Hospital, in January 2013, injuring three infants and damaging property. The wires could not carry the load due to which the mishap occured.

The infamous hospital fire incident in is still afresh. On December 2011, a major broke out in the hospital, leaving 89 dead. The began in the basement, where highly inflammable material was allegedly stored. Eyewitnesses said they first spotted and reported smoke streaming from the hospital around 3 a.m, but the first engine arrived only two hours later. 

image
Business Standard
177 22

Upgrade To Premium Services

Welcome User

Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"

As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:

  • Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
  • Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
  • Access to 17 plus years of content archives
  • Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
  • End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
  • NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.
 

Premium Services

In Partnership with

 

Dear Guest,

 

Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.

Enjoy Reading!
Team Business Standard