No matter how excellent your preparation for IBPS exams is, there’s one subject that generally succeeds in making you nervous. General Awareness is one such section that unflinchingly gives you fears of the unknown, which in turn begins to shake your self-confidence. When a candidate sits down to study GA, initially he or she may feel it is difficult to remember massive data, current affairs and trending topics. And the biggest question that haunts them is: What about other subjects if I focus more on GA? It is too vast to cover. How will I be able to complete the other subjects? One, however, needs not to worry about all this. Such thoughts are absolutely natural. With proper references and study materials, one can have their confidence and perform improved day by day. It is actually simple to predict or have an overall Idea of the questions of GA considering the past trends, the current most debated issues.
How to deal with GA: Keep in mind that IBPS General Awareness is a section which can certainly change your complete performance expressively.
- More Focus, Higher Returns: Try focusing on one topic at a time, be thorough. It is a High Risk with High Return subject meaning you are completely oblivious to what can be asked, what not. There is no definite syllabus. You can have an idea of the pattern of questions considering the past trends. Once you know answer the questions you can finish off the questions quickly and move on to other sections, thereby using maximum time for critical sections.
- Study with Fellow Beings: Group study is one of the best methods to master this subject. Although most of the candidates prefer to study alone for such exams like IBPS, you can simply split different sections among yourselves and discuss at a particular time during the week. What is the advantage? It helps you with quick preparation/ understanding your position and that of your friends. It is the best way to stay motivated. It will also help you discover your strengths and weaknesses. It is always best to acknowledge your weaknesses and discuss them with your friends, mentors.
- Leveraging: General Awareness section is the section that can highly be leveraged, if you can score high in the same.
- Stay Updated: It is better and the best practice to follow good news channel. Watching and hearing strengthens your visualization and helps you better your retention. Always subscribe to banking magazines, read newspapers and other online materials related to bank exams. In the age of ‘online-ness’ and social media, one can have an instant access to any source. Take advantage of this.
- Practice Test: IBPS Mock tests or online tests are like the net practice of cricket. An excellent performance of a cricketer on the field is due to rigorous sessions of net practice. Similarly one must take a mock test to better their performance and can have an actual feel of real-time exam. Solve past question papers, to learn several terminologies related to banking industry and economy.
Business Standard Learning's book on General Awareness is your window to the latest developments around the world. The 3000-question book offers extensive information on the most recent developments in India and around the world. It covers in depth the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC), Goods and Service Tax (GST), Demonetization, RBI policy rates, Budget and Economic Survey 2017, Indian Agriculture, the Trump presidency, Brexit and issues such as One Belt, One Road, the recent stand-offs on the Sikkim border, ISRO satellite launches, NASA's space probes, etc. If you want to perform better in this subject, get your copy delivered to your place today. Click here to get your IBPS book.