The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is set conduct the IBPS Clerk Exam 2017-18 at two levels; Preliminary and Main. Online Registration for preliminary exam starts from September 12, 2017 (Tuesday). Keep in mind that the last date to apply online is October 03, 2017 (Tuesday). The prelim exam is taking place in the first week of December 2017 i.e. 2nd, 3rd, 9th and 10th and the Main on January 21, 2018. The IBPS conducts these exams every year to recruit the capable candidates for clerical posts in the banks (Participating Organizations) that participate in this recruitment program. Those students who score minimum qualifying marks in the prelim become eligible for the Main exam.
Participating Organizations include Allahabad Bank, Canara Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, UCO Bank, Andhra Bank, Central Bank of India, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Union Bank of India, Bank of Baroda, Corporation Bank, Punjab National Bank, United Bank of India, Bank of India, Dena Bank, Punjab & Sind Bank, Vijaya Bank, Bank of Maharashtra, Indian Bank and Syndicate Bank. Candidates who will qualify in Preliminary examination and shortlisted will have to appear for Main examination. Depending on the vacancies to be filled in during the financial year 2018-19 based on the business needs of the Participating Organizations and as reported to IBPS, candidates shortlisted will be provisionally allotted to one of the Participating Organizations keeping in view the spirit of Govt. Guidelines on reservation policy, administrative convenience, etc. The validity for CWE Clerks-VII will automatically expire at the close of business on 31.03.2019 with or without giving any notice.
|Online registration process or modification in the application||September 12 to October 3 (2017)|
|Application fee||September 12 to October 3 (2017)|
|Call letter download for Pre-Exam Training||November, 2017|
|Pre-Exam Training||November 13 to November 18 ( 2017)|
|Call letters (Preliminary Exam)||November, 2017|
|Preliminary exam date||2nd, 3rd, 9th and 10th December, 2017|
|Preliminary exam result||December, 2017|
|Call letters (Main Exam)||December, 2017|
|Date of Main exam||21st January, 2018|
|Declaration of Main Exam Result||January, 2018|
|Provisional allotment||April, 2018|
Who Can Take Up The Exam?
An IBPS aspirant should meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Age: An applicant must be in between 20 to 28 years of age as on 1st August, 2017. They must be born not before than August 2, 1989 and not after than August 1, 1997.
- Education: An applicant graduate in any discipline can apply for clerical exam conducted by the IBPS. The candidate must possess valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that he/ she is a graduate on the day he / she registers and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online. Proficiency in the Official Language of the State/UT (candidates should know how to read/ write and speak the Official Language of the State/UT) for which vacancies a candidate wishes to apply is preferable.
- An applicant belonging to reserved category would be provided age relaxation as follows:
|Persons with disabilities||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen||To the extent of service provided by them to Armed Forces+ 3 years additional (Up to 50 Years)|
|Divorced women/Widows/Women judicially separated and not re-married||9 Years|
|Candidates who were domiciles in the state of Jammu and Kashmir in between the period 1st January, 1980 to 31st December, 1989||5 Years|
|Person affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (Madhya Pradesh state only)||5 years|
Exam Pattern of Preliminary Exam and Main Exam: Preliminary Exam is a qualifying exam for the Main Exam. The candidates appearing for Preliminary exam (1 hr) are required to attempt 35 questions of Numerical Ability (35 marks), 30 questions of English Language (30 marks) and 35 questions of Reasoning Ability (35 marks).
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||1 hr|
The Main exam (2 hrs. 40 mins) includes 40 questions of English Language, 50 questions of Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, 50 questions of General/Finance Awareness , 50 questions of Quantitative Aptitude (40 marks) and 40 questions of Computer Knowledge (40 marks).
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 Mins|
|General English||40||40||35 Mins|
Reasoning Ability & Computer
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 Mins|
NOTE: There will be negative marking for wrong answers in the Objective Tests. For a wrong answer each question will attract deduction of one fourth or 0.25. However if a question left blank will attract no penalty for that question. It is applicable to both Prelim and Main exams.
Mock Test: The best way to evaluate your ability to solve and performance is taking Mock Tests conducted by coaching institutes for competitive exams. A Mock test is an examination which serves practice for future exams. Or you can take Mock test by yourself. Never take these tests lightly. One should be doing minimum two to three tests daily. Keep in mind that subjects like Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude (QA) can be excelled in through time management. Regular practice would sharpen your skills in solving the questions related to Reasoning and QA. The best part of Mock test is that it prompts you to gradually increase your problem solving speed. You can also take online mock test here. For more details and updates, visit the official site www.ibps.in
How To Apply:
- Visit the IBPS’s website www.ibps.in and click on the Home Page to open the link “CWE Clerks” and then click on the option “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR CWE- Clerks (CWE-Clerks-VII)” to open the On-Line Application Form.
- One has to click “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” to register their application by entering their basic information in the online application form. After that a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional registration number and password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent. They can reopen the saved data using Provisional registration number and password and edit the particulars, if needed.
- Upload your photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm) and signature. (Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS will NOT be accepted.)
- Carefully fill in the online application themselves as no change in any of the data filled in the online application will be possible/ entertained. Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. No change is permitted after clicking on FINAL SUBMIT Button.
- One should indicate in the online application the state to which he/she opts for provisional allotment on selection. The option once exercised will be irrevocable.
Candidates have the option of making the payment of fees (Rs. 100 for SC/ST/PWD/EXSM candidates and Rs. 600 for all others) through the ONLINE mode only. The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets by providing information as asked on the screen.
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts national recruitment exams of various PSU Banks, RRB, RBI, NABARD, SBI, Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) & General Insurance Companies (GICs). Registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 and also a Public Trust under the Bombay Public Trust Act, 1950, the Institute helps organizations in the areas of personnel such as recruitment, selection, placement, by designing, and developing suitable measurement tests/tools, assessment of answer responses and processing results of examinations, and conducts such examination related services, on request.