ALSO READUPSC-2017 Invites Applications for Lecturer (Mechanical) UPSC-2017 invites applications for Assistant Mechanical Engineer Titagarh Wagons starts building two vessels each for Indian Navy, NIOT OUAT 2017: Orissa University To Hire Senior Scientist. Apply Now ISRO Invites Applications For Scientist and Engineers. Steps To Apply
National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT), Chennai is inviting applications for the post of Project Scientist (Mechanical). Candidates willing to take up the post can apply for the same till October 30, 2017 (Monday). The number of vacancy is 2 for Unreserved Category. The qualified candidates would be paid Rs. 65000 + HRA. National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT), Chennai an Autonomous Body under Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), Govt. of India is proposed to engage Indian Nationals to various technical posts.
Age: Not exceeding 40 years as on normal closing date
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or Technology in Mechanical / Production/ / Aeronautical / Automobile/ Naval Architecture/Ocean / Industrial Engineering or equivalent from a recognized University / Institute with at least first class not less than 60% marks.
- Minimum three years’ experience in R&D, industry and/or the area of work as per the job requirement.
- Master’s degree in engineering or Technology in Mechanical / Production / Aeronautical / Automobile/ Naval Architecture/Ocean / Industrial Engineering or equivalent from a recognized University / Institute would be desirable.
- Interested candidates need to register on the NIOT website
- With the User ID and Password, the candidates are required to sign in here
- On the new page, one needs to fill the form with required details
- Design and development of surface and underwater systems, structures, vehicles, mechanical systems and associated subcomponents using software such as Ansys / Abacus/ANSYS WORKBENCH/ and detailed static, dynamic and harmonic analysis.
- Working in software like Autocad, ANSYS, Solidworks, OrcaFlex, MATLAB, Catia, Simulink, PRO-E, etc.
- Management, operation and maintenance and trouble shooting of research vessels; follow-ups, documentation, inspection and monitoring of ship building process
- Executing assembly, integration, testing, deployment and retrieval of offshore data collection platforms Participate in ship cruises, cruise planning, and interaction with ports / agents.
- Must have working knowledge and software familiarization in analysis of flow behavior in pipes, single and multi-phase flow, steady and unsteady flow, and fluid structure analysis using star CCM+ or ANSYS FLUENT and also undertake detailed hydrodynamic and stability analysis. Coordination of manufacturing / procurement, integration and testing of developed components / systems for underwater vehicles in the lab and sea.
Candidates shall enclose self-attested photocopies of the following documents along with the print out of the Application Form:
1. 10th standard certificate or equivalent in support of Date of Birth.
2. 12th standard or equivalent mark sheet.
3. Community certificate in respect of SC/ST/OBC candidates
4. Degree / Diploma certificate alongwith mark sheets of each year
5. P.G. Degree Certificate alongwith mark sheets of each year
6. Experience Certificate, if any, for proof of experience
7. Other documents as applicable.
Established in November 1993, the National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT) is as an autonomous society under the Ministry of Earth Sciences (Govt. of India) managed by a Governing Council and the Director is the head of the Institute. It aims to develop reliable indigenous technology to solve the various engineering problems associated with harvesting of non-living and living resources in the Indian Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ), which are about two-thirds of the land area of India.