Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology (OUAT) is inviting applications for the post of Senior Scientist and Head. Candidates willing to take up the post can apply for the same till October 16, 2017 (Monday). The number of vacancy is 20. The qualified candidates would be paid Rs. 15,600-39,100 along with Grade Pay: Rs. 8,000. The job location is Odisha.
Age: Not exceeding 45 years as on normal closing date
- Minimum 2nd Class Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture/ Horticulture/ Agril. Engineering & Technology/ B.V.Sc. & AH / Fishery Science/ Home Science/ Forestry with at least 55% marks.
- Minimum 2nd Class Master’s Degree in Agronomy / Horticulture / Entomology/ Plant Pathology/ Nematology/ Plant Breeding & Genetics/ Soil Science and Agril. Chemistry/ Agril. Extension / Agril. Engineering and Technology/ Veterinary Science/ Animal Science/ Fishery Science/ Home Science/ Forestry with at least 55% marks.
- Ph.D. Degree in the relevant subject
- Five (5) years’ experience (excluding the period spent in obtaining in Ph.D. Degree during service period, subject to a maximum period of 3 years) as Scientist / Assistant Professor / Extension Specialist or in an equivalent position in the pay scale of Rs.8,000-275-13,500/- (Pre-revised) or Rs.15,600-39,100/-+ AGP Rs.6,000/- or GP Rs.5400/-(revised).
- Significant contribution to Research / Teaching/ Extension Education as supported by published works / innovations
- Specialization in implementing extension education programs would be desirable.
Fees: Candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs.1, 000/-(Rupees one thousand) only. The application fees shall be deposited directly through deposit pay slip in favor of ‘Comptroller, OUAT, Bhubaneswar’ in SBI Account No.10173711536 of State Bank of India, OUAT Campus Branch, Bhubaneswar. The applicant shall have to deposit Rs.50/- (Rupees fifty) only as Intercity Bank Charges along with the required application fees, if deposited other than the OUAT Campus Branch, Bhubaneswar. The candidate should enclose the original counter foil duly signed on the same in the application form. Other mode of payment shall not be considered.
Documents for Interview:
The number of post may be increased or decreased at the time of interview. In-service candidate shall apply through proper channel. He/she has to submit advance copy of original application to avoid delay. He should produce ‘No Objection Certificate’ (NOC) from his/her employer at the time of interview failing which his/her candidature will not be considered. Applicants should be prepared to appear the interview at Bhubaneswar at their own cost. The University reserves right to cancel the interview, if necessary due to unforeseen circumstances or may not fill up the required number of posts. (Source: OUAT)
Established in 1962, the Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology (OUAT) is the second oldest agricultural university in India. Dedicated to agriculture related research, extension and education, it has eight constituent colleges with the separate wings for research, extension services and planning, monitoring & evaluation and the like.