The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is inviting applications for the post of Marketing Officer (Group-III) (Oils and Fats) to be hired by Directorate of Marketing and Inspection for Department of Agriculture and Cooperation & Farmers Welfare under Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare. Candidates willing to take up the post can apply for the same till October 12, 2017 (Thursday). The number of vacancy is 3 reserved for UR (1), OBC (), SC (1) and ST (1). The qualified candidate would be paid as per Level 7 in Pay Matrix with entry pay Rs. 44,900/- The post carries probation of one year. The location is Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Dept. of Animal Husbandry, Dairying Fisheries, Krishi Bhavan, New Delhi. The post involves All India Service Liability. However, currently the post is vacant at Central Cattle Breeding Farm.
Age: Not exceeding 30 years as on normal closing date. Not exceeding 35 years for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes candidates as on normal closing date in respect of the vacancies reserved for them. Relaxable for regularly appointed Central/U.T. Government Servant up to Five years as per instructions/orders issued by Govt. of India from time to time.
- (i)Master’s Degree in Chemistry/Agriculture Chemistry/Dairy Chemistry/Dairying from a recognized University or equivalent. OR Bachelor’s Degree in Oil Technology/Food Technology/Chemical Technology/Dairy Technology from a recognized University or equivalent
- 2 years’ experience in the field of analytical work of organic material, or in the field of Marketing of Milk and Milk Products, Oils and Fats including Essential Oils and Allied commodities. OR Diploma in Marketing Management awarded by the Indian Institute of Food Technology or any other registered University/Institute or equivalent.
- To assist in the work relating to grading and quality control of agricultural commodities including formulation of grades and grade standards.
- To assist in conducting research studies pertaining to emerging problems of marketing of agricultural produce and drafting of technical reports.
- Investigation and survey at field level of marketing conditions in respect of Agricultural Commodities and to collect and compile and interpret the relevant data.
- Visit the official online portal of UPSC here.
- Search for the New Registration and click on the same. (Direct link here)
- Fill in the required details and you will get your Registration ID and password.
- Go back to the Existing Vacancies Page and search for Post Name ‘ Marketing Officer (Group-III) (Oils and Fats)’ with Apply Now button. Hit the button.
- Enter your Registration ID and Password along with Captcha code given there.
- Follow the online instructions. (More details on the online instructions here)
Documents for Interview:
Qualified and eligible candidates will receive official communication from the Commission for interview. Candidates shortlisted for interview on the basis of the information provided in the online applications submitted by them will be required to send self-attested copies of documents/relevant certificates in support of the claims made in the application as and when demanded by the Commission.
Established on 1 October 1926 as Public Service Commission, the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is India's prestigious central recruiting agency that conducts appointments to and examinations for All India services and group A & group B of Central services. It was known as Federal Public Service Commission by the Government of India Act, 1935 and was then renamed as today's Union Public Service Commission after the independence.