ALSO READUPSC-2017 Invites Applications for Lecturer (Electrical) UPSC-2017 invites applications for marketing officer (Group-I) UPSC-2017 Invites Applications for Lecturer (Mechanical) UPSC-2017 Invites Applications for Driller In charge UPSC-2017 Invites Applications for Assistant Executive Engineer
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is inviting applications for the post of Superintending Epigraphist (Dravidian Inscription) to be hired by Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) under Ministry of Culture. Candidates willing to take up the post can apply for the same till September 9, 2017 (Saturday). The number of vacancy is one reserved for UR (1), OBC (0), SC (0) and ST (0). The qualified candidate would be offered the salary as per the 7th CPC Level 11 of the pay Matrix. Total Emoluments Rs. 67700 other allowances as applicable at the time of appointment. The post carries probation of one year and is based in Mysore, but the candidate is liable to serve anywhere in India.
Age: Not exceeding 40 years.
- Master degree in Tamil/Telugu /Malayalam/Kannada with ancient Indian History as a subject at Bachelor’s Degree Level from a Recognized University OR Master Degree in History with Ancient Indian History as a subject and Tamil/Telugu/Malayalam/Kannada as one of the subject at Bachelor’s Degree Level from a recognized University.
- Doctorate Degree in any of the subject.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and provide scholarly guidance of the scholars of the Branch including extensive touring for interpretation of antiquities.
- Documentation of the inscription so discovered, and taking of impressions.
- Deciphering of inscriptions.
- Preparation of detailed reports on the epigraphical findings.
- Copying of inscriptions.
- Publication of inscriptions with critical notes
- To exercise all delegated powers, relating to financial and administrative.
- Visit the official online portal of UPSC here.
- Search for the New Registration and click on the same. (Direct link here)
- Fill in the required details and you will get your Registration ID and password.
- Go back to the Existing Vacancies Page and search for Post Name ‘Superintending Epigraphist (Dravidian Inscription)’ with Apply Now button. Hit the button.
- Enter your Registration ID and Password along with Captcha code given there.
- Follow the online instructions. (More details on the online instructions here)
Documents for Interview:
Qualified and eligible candidates will receive official communication from the Commission for interview. Candidates shortlisted for interview on the basis of the information provided in the online applications submitted by them will be required to send self-attested copies of documents/relevant certificates in support of the claims made in the application as and when demanded by the Commission.
Established on 1 October 1926 as Public Service Commission, the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is India's prestigious central recruiting agency that conducts appointments to and examinations for All India services and group A & group B of Central services. It was known as Federal Public Service Commission by the Government of India Act, 1935 and was then renamed as today's Union Public Service Commission after the independence.