The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is inviting applications for the post of Veterinary Officer to be hired by Central Cattle Breeding Farm (CCBF) for Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries under Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare. Candidates willing to take up the post can apply for the same till October 12, 2017 (Thursday).
The number of vacancy is 1 reserved for UR (0), OBC 1), SC (0) and ST (0). The qualified candidate would be paid as PB-3 i.e. Rs.15, 600-39,100 with Grade Pay Rs.5, 400/- plus N.P.A as admissible Revised Pay Matrix Rs. 56,100-1, 77,500/- (Level-10) Pay Rs 58344/- plus NPA as admissible.
The post carries probation of one year. The location is Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Deptt. of Animal Husbandry, Dairying Fisheries, Krishi Bhavan, New Delhi. The post involves All India Service Liability. However, currently the post is vacant at Central Cattle Breeding Farm.
Age: Not exceeding 38 years on the normal closing date. (Relaxable for Govt. Servants up to 5 years in accordance with instructions issued by the Central Govt.)
- Degree in Veterinary Science or Degree in Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry or Degree in Science (Veterinary) as listed in the First or Second Schedule of the Indian Veterinary Council Act, 1984. Registration with Veterinary Council of India or State Veterinary Council under Veterinary Council of India Act, 1984.
- Post Graduate Degree in Animal Breeding and Genetics or Livestock Production and Management or Gynecology and Obstetrics from a recognized University/Institute.
- Best if Doctorate Degree in Animal Breeding and Genetics or Livestock Production and Management or Gynecology and Obstetrics from a recognized University/Institute.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Looking after the health of cattle and diagnose disease and treat them.
- Adopting preventive measure against contagious and infectious disease.
- Carrying out routine post mortem and common lab tests for diagnosis.
- Visit the official online portal of UPSC here.
- Search for the New Registration and click on the same. (Direct link here)
- Fill in the required details and you will get your Registration ID and password.
- Go back to the Existing Vacancies Page and search for Post Name ‘ Veterinary Officer’ with Apply Now button. Hit the button.
- Enter your Registration ID and Password along with Captcha code given there.
- Follow the online instructions. (More details on the online instructions here)
Documents for Interview:
Qualified and eligible candidates will receive official communication from the Commission for interview. Candidates shortlisted for interview on the basis of the information provided in the online applications submitted by them will be required to send self-attested copies of documents/relevant certificates in support of the claims made in the application as and when demanded by the Commission.
Established on 1 October 1926 as Public Service Commission, the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is India's prestigious central recruiting agency that conducts appointments to and examinations for All India services and group A & group B of Central services. It was known as Federal Public Service Commission by the Government of India Act, 1935 and was then renamed as today's Union Public Service Commission after the independence.