Meraman Goriya made an impressive debut for the Congress in electoral politics in the 2014 by-elections in Gujarat. The Congress first-timer managed to defeat the BJP candidate to win the prestigious Dwaraka seat by a narrow margin. This time he was again fielded by the Congress from the constituency given his winnability quotient. Reports suggest that he was once charged with dacoity but was later acquitted by the Gujarat high court. He contested against Mulubhai Bera of the BJP among others.
MORE ON MARKETS:
Copyrights © 2018 Business Standard Private Ltd. All rights reserved.
Upgrade To Premium Services
Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"
As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:
- Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
- Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
- Access to 17 plus years of content archives
- Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
- End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
- NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.
In Partnership with
Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.
Team Business Standard