ALSO READCabinet rejig: Modi govt places thrust on both merit and political goals Cabinet rejig: Modi's picks based on ability to deliver on New India vision Cabinet reshuffle suggests focus on delivering goods for 2019 LS polls Narendra Modi Cabinet to get nine new ministers today Modi govt concedes talent deficit, nine new ministers to take oath
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its ex-post-facto approval for a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Cuba on cooperation in the field of Health and Medicine. The MoU was signed on 06th December, 2017 in New Delhi.
The MoU covers the following areas of cooperation:-
Exchange & training of medical doctors, officials, other health professionals and experts;
- Assistance in development of human resources, health services and setting up of health care facilities;
- Short term training of human resources in health;
- Regulation of pharmaceuticals, medical devices and exchange of information;
- Promotion of business development opportunities in pharmaceuticals and others identified by parties;
- Procurement of generic and essential drugs and assistance in sourcing of drug supplies;
- Procurement of health equipment and pharmaceutical products;
- Any other area of cooperation as may be mutually decided upon.
A Joint Working Group (JWG) will be set up to further elaborate the details of cooperation and to oversee the implementation of this MoU.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)