Signs of a deeply disturbed family life kept surfacing from the well-kept house with the pale sun awning and the pretty flowerpots off a gravel road here. One of James T Hodgkinson’s foster daughters killed herself in a gruesome fashion: by dousing herself with gasoline and setting herself on fire. Another described herself as “more of a hindrance than a daughter.” And when Mr Hodgkinson dragged his grandniece by her hair and tried to choke her, the police were called in, and he was charged with battery. In previously sealed court papers obtained by the local ...
- North Korea's nuclear arsenal complete, Kim Jong-Un nixes missile tests
- Swedish DJ Avicii, who led the global boom in electronic music, dies at 28
- Muharraq: Old capital fell into disuse after collapse of the pearl trade
- German theatre asks guests to wear swastikas for Hitler play 'Mein Kampf'
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli forces on Gaza Strip: Medics
- Meghan Markle has power to change the world, says Priyanka Chopra
- Trump reduces hurdles for sale of military drones to allies like India
- Malaysian plane skids off runway in Nepal; close shave for 139 on board
- How high demand for a tutor made this maths teacher in China a billionaire
- England's Premier League football teams have never been so profitable
First Published: Sun, June 18 2017. 16:08 IST