Catalan business executives stepped up their push to defuse a separatist movement as thousands gathered in Barcelona on Sunday to demand the region stay in Spain. Chairman Juan Jose Brugera led a delegation from Cercle d’Economia, a business forum, that met with Catalan President Carles Puigdemont on Saturday in Girona to demand he withdraw his threat to declare a Catalan republic, said Jordi Alberich, the group’s director general. The Cercle’s board includes CaixaBank Chairman Jordi Gual and Jaime Guardiola, chief executive officer of Banco ...
- Cambridge Analytica stole 50 mn users' Facebook data for Trump campaign
- He owns much of Ethiopia. The Saudis won't say where they're hiding him
- China plans tougher goals, beefed-up inspections in war on smog
- 'Exhausted' Toys 'R' Us suppliers weigh options as huge retailer shuts
- Picture a leader. Is she a woman?
- Goldman Sachs reports gender pay gap of 55.5% and bonus gap of 72.2% in UK
- These are the world's best-paid MBA graduate schools
- Russian expels 23 British officials as nerve attack on agent issue escalate
- Mass arrests in Maldives as activists defy Prez Yameen's emergency
- Product exclusions from US metals tariffs may take 90 days - report
First Published: Mon, October 09 2017. 02:37 IST