Former FBI director James Comey on Thursday accused President Donald Trump on Thursday of firing him to try to undermine the bureau's investigation into possible collusion between his 2016 presidential campaign team and Russia. Trump dismissed Comey on May 9 and the administration gave differing reasons for the action. Trump later contradicted his own staff and acknowledged on May 11 that he fired Comey because of the Russia probe. Asked at a U.S. congressional hearing why he was fired, Comey said he did not know for sure. But he added: "Again, I take the ...
- Panama Papers scandal: Nawaz Sharif returns to Pak to face charges
- Chinese coast guard vessels sail near Japan's disputed Senkaku islands
- Japan's Abe announces snap election amid worries over North Korea crisis
- Centre ships 620 tonnes of food for Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh
- Japan's Shinzo Abe expected to call snap election amid North Korea crisis
- From Chirac to Blair: How Merkel compares to 3 decades of European leaders
- Merkel, reluctant leader of the West, 'has gotten the taste for it'
- Angela Merkel makes history in German vote, but so does far right
- In Germany, a victory for Angela Merkel and populism
- Kushner used private email for White House officials, confirms lawyer
First Published: Fri, June 09 2017. 02:04 IST