ALSO READEgypt church blasts: 3-month emergency declared after IS bombings kill 45 Egypt and Russia discuss fight against terror post bus attack Egypt bus attack: Bloodletting of Christians must end, says Donald Trump US President Trump speaks with PM Modi over phone, says WH press secretary Emergency: Not yet
Citing MENA news agency, Xinhua reported that the parliament speaker said during a general session on Tuesday that he had been informed by the Prime Minister of the decision of Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah al-Sisi to extend the nationwide state of emergency for another three months.
The extension will start from July 10 evening.
Sisi imposed the first three-month nationwide state of emergency in April following twin bombings at two churches in northern provinces of Gharbiya and Alexandria killed at least 47 and wounded over 120.
A similar suicide bombing at a Cairo church in December 2016 killed at least 28 worshippers.
(Only the headline and picture of this report may have been reworked by the Business Standard staff; the rest of the content is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)