Americans buy millions of dollars of stuff made in China every day. So why not add the Ford Focus to the mix? To hear Joe Hinrichs, Ford Motor Co.’s president of global operations, talk about the plan to move the car’s production to a factory in Chongqing, it’s no big deal. “Consumers care a lot more about the quality and the value than they do about the sourcing location,” Hinrichs said. “iPhones are produced in China and people don’t really talk about it.” Maybe so, but the Apple product has been manufactured there from ...
- Thyssenkrupp reaches out to unions after workers protest Tata Steel merger
- Protests could derail St Louis' bid for second Amazon hub
- SoftBank may be willing to take market price for Sprint
- Uber tops 500,000 signatures on petition to halt London ban
- Facebook scraps new share class in rare win for investors
- Facebook abandons plans to change share structure, avoiding lawsuit
- Etihad launches 'fly now pay later' scheme, fare to be paid in installments
- Boeing lands $11-billion 787 deal from resurgent Turkish Airlines
- Facebook plans big overhaul of political ads after criticism
- Uber stripped of London licence for 'lack of corporate responsibility'
First Published: Thu, June 22 2017. 02:05 IST