Stephen Paddock was a high-stakes gambler recognised in the casinos of Nevada. He dabbled in real estate investments in Texas. His last known full-time employment was 30 years ago. He was twice divorced. He had a pilot’s licence and had owned two single-engine planes. While his motive for the mass shooting outside a Las Vegas casino on Sunday night is unknown, details of Stephen Paddock’s history pointed to an unmoored and highly unconventional life. From his neighbours in a quiet retirement community in Mesquite, Nevada, he drew little attention, unless it was for ...
- Donors pledge $510 million for West Africa's G5 Sahel force
- Xi confidant Liu He emerges as front runner to head China's central bank
- Harvey Weinstein apologises for citing Streep, Lawrence in legal defence
- Nepal to have new president on March 13
- FATF puts Pakistan on terrorist financing watchlist: Sources
- Will Wall Street, investors rethink relationship with firearm industry?
- 362 abandoned Rohingya villages demolished; HRW urges Myanmar to stop
- Figure skater Alina Zagitova wins ice princess duel for Russia's first gold
- Australia's deputy PM Barnaby Joyce quits amid sexual harassment scandel
- Five-day assault on Syrian enclave kills more than 400 ahead of UN vote
First Published: Wed, October 04 2017. 03:25 IST