President Donald Trump followed up his incendiary warning to North Korea against threatening the United States with a boast on Wednesday about the strength of the US nuclear arsenal, but expressed hope this power would never need to be used. Trump’s Twitter messages about the nuclear arsenal came after North Korea said it was considering plans for a missile strike on the US Pacific territory of Guam. That in turn followed Trump’s comments on Tuesday that any North Korean threat to the United States would be met with “fire and fury.” “My first order as ...
- Trump, Mueller may spar as Russia probe picks steam after McCabe sacking
- Russia goes to polls: Vladimir Putin set for a fourth term as President
- Donald Trump's tariffs set off storm of lobbying
- Parliament unanimously votes to grant Xi a new term as China's president
- 'Trump administration seeks to work with India to resolve Rohingya crisis'
- Musharraf may return to Pakistan to face special court trial in April
- Xi Jinping starts new term as China's President, Wang Qishan elected V-P
- FBI deputy director McCabe fired for 'misleading' Justice Department
- South Africa ex-Prez Jacob Zuma to face prosecution on corruption charges
- Tillerson's ouster puts Iran nuclear deal at risk; US commitment doubtful
First Published: Thu, August 10 2017. 02:17 IST