The meeting that Donald Trump Jr. had in June 2016 with a woman billed as a Russian government lawyer included at least one other person with long-standing ties to Russia. Rinat Akhmetshin, who once served in a Soviet counterintelligence unit, told the Associated Press Friday that he was also there, along with a translator. The revelation adds to the questions surrounding the now infamous meeting at Trump Tower and the extent of the contacts between Trump associates and Russians seeking to help the 2016 Trump presidential campaign. Trump Jr. didn’t disclose ...
- White House wants to see 'concrete action' from N Korea on denuclearisation
- French President Macron arrives at White House for three-day state visit
- Nepal PM speaks to Indian, Pak counterparts to resume stalled SAARC process
- Moon Jae-in: The man who brought Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un to the table
- Inter-Korean Summit: Nuclear pledge adds monetum to preparations
- Trump's dilemma: What will $100 bn tariff hit next? Wal-Mart or Apple?
- Seoul doesn't buy North Korea's nuclear test suspension, wants solid proof
- Trump accuses Opec of 'artificially' boosting oil prices; cartel hits back
- Nuclear diplomacy: Donald Trump is not Nixon and North Korea is not China
- Stormy Daniels not alone: Long list of people threatened for opposing Trump
First Published: Sun, July 16 2017. 00:08 IST