You are here: Home » International » News » Others
Business Standard

Spain hunts down van driver who killed 13 and injured over 100 in Barcelona

It was still not clear how many attackers had been involved: Police

Reuters 

A manhunt was underway for the driver of a van that mowed through crowds of tourists on Barcelona's most famous avenue on Thursday, killing at least 13 people in an attack that was claimed by Islamic State. Authorities said the death toll could rise, with more than 100 people injured, some seriously. Police said they arrested two men, a Moroccan and a man from Spain's north African enclave of Melilla, though neither was the driver. Witnesses said the driver fled on foot. It was still not clear how many attackers had been involved. Hours beforehand, one ...

This article is no longer available in our repository.

There could be multiple reasons for this.

First Published: Fri, August 18 2017. 08:10 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU