North Korea is speeding toward a goal it has sought for decades: the ability to hit a major American city with a nuclear weapon. Actually striking the United States would be suicide. But the capability could help the North deter an invasion and wield increased global influence. American intelligence agencies estimate that the North could reach the milestone by next year, and some experts think it already has. But reliably sending a nuclear warhead halfway around the globe is extremely difficult, and challenges may remain. Here are some of the systems the North needs to ...
- Over 22,000 charged with internet, telecom fraud in China
- 9 dead, 30 injured in suicide bomb attack on Pakistan church
- Suicide bombers attack church in Pakistan, kill 8
- Six dead in multi-vehicle crash in Birmingham
- Residents flee as flames approach celebrity California enclave
- Boycott US products over Trump's Jerusalem move: Indonesian clerics
- Amid Brexit worry, Oxford bond success shows UK universities another course
- UN Security Council weighs measure rejecting Trump's Jerusalem decision
- 5 dead, 15 missing in southern Chile landslide
- Why haven't you heard of this artist that investors love?
First Published: Wed, August 23 2017. 10:17 IST