President Trump said on Wednesday that he had confronted President Vladimir V Putin twice about whether Russia meddled in the 2016 presidential election, and changed the subject after Putin flatly denied it because, “What do you do? End up in a fistfight?” Speaking to reporters on Air Force One as he flew to Paris to take part in Bastille Day celebrations, Trump offered his first extended account of a dramatic closed-door meeting he held with Putin last week in Hamburg, Germany. “I said to him, ‘Were you involved in the meddling with the ...
- Trade war escalates? Trump considering big 'fine' on China for IPR theft
- Pakistan can live without US aid, want balanced ties first: FM Khawaja Asif
- Pak PM needles India further, says can't act against Haifiz Saeed 'Sahib'
- Koreas warm up for Winter Olympics, to march under common flag at the event
- Would like Britain to rejoin EU after Brexit: European Commission President
- US lawmaker Pramila Jayapal to skip SOTU address to protest Trump's racism
- Former Trump aide Bannon subpoenaed in Russia probe, stays tight-lipped
- Trump's 'merit' list for immigrants: Those with skill, job, English welcome
- Trump's immigration plan: Risks ahead for US govt as shutdown fears loom
- European Union to remove Panama, UAE, five others from tax haven blacklist
First Published: Fri, July 14 2017. 09:29 IST