President Trump said on Wednesday that he had confronted President Vladimir V Putin twice about whether Russia meddled in the 2016 presidential election, and changed the subject after Putin flatly denied it because, “What do you do? End up in a fistfight?” Speaking to reporters on Air Force One as he flew to Paris to take part in Bastille Day celebrations, Trump offered his first extended account of a dramatic closed-door meeting he held with Putin last week in Hamburg, Germany. “I said to him, ‘Were you involved in the meddling with the ...
- Were you a victim of Russian propaganda? Facebook will help you find out
- Is anyone good enough for an H1-B visa?
- If Donald Trump wants a nuclear war, virtually no one can stop him
- Iraq launches operation to flush out last IS fighters from desert
- Zimbabweans relish bribe-free roads after Mugabe's fall
- Zimbabwe's ex-vice president prepares to take power after Mugabe exit
- Pak PM grants 3-month sick leave to embattled Finance Minister Ishaq Dar
- Australia calls for US engagement in Indo-Pacific region to counter China
- Myanmar, B'desh to ink Rohingya return deal amid concerns over army's role
- Russia, Iran, Turkey together to end six-yr Syrian civil war: Putin
First Published: Fri, July 14 2017. 09:29 IST