Vladimir Putin is feeling jilted. The last time he and US President Donald Trump met, in July at the G-20 summit, Trump couldn’t seem to get enough of the Russian president. They met behind closed doors for more than two hours, without an official note-taker. It yielded a limited Syrian cease-fire. . Trump also spent unscheduled time with him at a dinner hosted by German Chancellor Angela Merkel. There was also another brief meeting. Fast-forward four months, through a series of new diplomatic, political and foreign policy tensions, and Trump is acting more stand-offish. ...
- Trump's dilemma: What will $100 bn tariff hit next? Wal-Mart or Apple?
- Seoul doesn't buy North Korea's nuclear test suspension, wants solid proof
- Trump accuses Opec of 'artificially' boosting oil prices; cartel hits back
- Nuclear diplomacy: Donald Trump is not Nixon and North Korea is not China
- Stormy Daniels not alone: Long list of people threatened for opposing Trump
- North Korea suspends nuclear, missile tests ahead of summit with South, US
- DNC sues Donald Trump campaign's Russia conspiracy over 2016 results
- South Africa riots force President Ramaphosa to cut short London summit
- Leaders approve Prince Charles to succeed Queen as Commonwealth head: BBC
- Putin is 'ready for a meeting with Trump', says Russian Foreign Min Lavrov
First Published: Fri, November 10 2017. 23:48 IST