North Korean leader Kim Jong Un claimed he could strike the entire continental US after test-firing the regime’s second intercontinental ballistic missile within a month. Friday’s unusual late-night launch drew condemnation from the US and its allies, with the top American general calling his South Korean counterpart to discuss a potential military response. President Donald Trump said the test was reckless and dangerous, adding in a statement the US “will take all necessary steps” to protect its territory. “We have demonstrated our ability to ...
- US confronts internet's disruptions, China feels vindicated
- Xi Jinping's power plays set the stage for a long encore
- UK hate crimes surge on Brexit, terror attacks
- Prachanda-led Maoist party to quit Deuba govt in Nepal: Report
- Nuclear war may break out any time, warns North Korea
- What Trump's latest move means for the Iran nuclear deal
- The Rohingya horrors and Aung San Suu Kyi's whitewash: Eyewitness
- All the lessons Donald Trump has taught us
- You are safe if you don't join US action: N Korea tells states at UN forum
- Xi's report card: Has met China economic goals but can he keep it going?
First Published: Sun, July 30 2017. 09:57 IST