The emergence of sexual harassment claims against producer Harvey Weinstein has the potential to be a watershed moment for Hollywood, offering a new opportunity to shed its “casting couch” image, according to advocates for women in the workplace. The allegations by women including actresses Ashley Judd and Rose McGowan against a prominent and successful industry leader may encourage more women to step forward with their own stories and force men in power to reflect on their own behaviour, said filmmakers and activists. The Weinstein scandal also should put more ...
- Russia on alert as IS jihadists may return ahead of 2018 World Cup
- US, EU, Japan to join forces to confront China on trade practices
- Saudi Arabia says it will allow cinemas after decades-long ban
- Macron steps into West Asia role as US retreats
- German lawmakers split on 'United States of Europe'
- Netanyahu criticises Europe's hypocrisy over Trump's Jerusalem move
- Thousands of Indonesians rally at US Embassy over Trump's Jerusalem move
- 3 people arrested in fire-bomb attack on Swedish synagogue
- ISIS still not defeated, British PM Theresa May warns Iraq
- British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson meets Iran's President
First Published: Sun, October 08 2017. 02:17 IST