Answers to last week's quiz (#223)
- What is common to the capture of Osama Bin Laden and the Leela Palaces and Hotels group?
The founder of the Leela Hotels, Capt. Krishnan Nair, was commissioned in the army as a wireless officer at Abbottabad in 1942 the same military town in which Osama Bin Laden was captured
- What is Fear Index and name the person who coined the term?
The Fear Index is the percentage of the stock of gold in a country’s central bank divided by the quantity of that country’s currency outstanding. It was coined by James Turk in the mid 80s.
- The founder of this brand while reading Mahatma Gandhi’s autobiography, The Story of My Experiments with Truth, was struck by the nutritional value of wheat bran and started selling it as a health food. Name the founder and his brand.
Shyam Bagri founded Bagrry’s India
- The employees of which companies proudly state that their companies can’t possibly fail: “Because we have Sergio” and “Because we had Marchionne”?
Employees of Chrysler and Fiat referring to Sergio Marchionne, the star CEO who first fixed Fiat in Italy and has now rescued Chrysler in the United States
- A biographical comedy-drama film was made on the life of a 19-yr-old conman who performed cheque fraud worth millions of dollars by posing as a Pan American World Airways pilot, a Georgia doctor, and a Louisiana parish prosecutor. He became so skillful that the FBI eventually turned to him for help in catching other check forgers. Name him and the movie.
The movie ‘Catch Me If You Can’ was based on the life of conman Frank Abagnale Jr
- The brand identified by the lines “Go Your Way” is making its way into India. Name it.
British motorcycle brand Triumph
- Hand gestures from the popular dance form Bharatanatyam have been incorporated to serve as visual codes to help in quick and clear identification by an Indian government authority. Where have they deployed them?
They are visible on the rupee coins minted by Reserve Bank of India under the Nritya Mudra series
- What is the connection between the car brands Saab, Volvo, the Greek Port of Piraeus and a Norwegian silicon materials company Elkem?
All of them are owned by Chinese companies, except that the Port of Piraeus has been leased to the Chinese company Cosmos for 35 years
- The founder of which company during the great depression built his brand on the principle that “all animals use play to develop their brains.”
Ole Kirk Christiansen founder of Lego toys
- Identify the brand from the visual below.
Winged foot of Roman god Mercury was adopted as a part of Good Year tyre’s logo in 1900 and continues to be used today.
There were two all-correct entries for the strategist quiz #184. The winners who will receive a copy of The living dead: Switched off, zoned out are Ankita Verma, New Delhi and Murthy V S, Nellore. Ankita Verma also wins Rs 2,000.