ALSO READMP Minister says will approach high court over EC disqualification notice PIL seeks 'further action' after EC disqualifies Mishra HC refuses to stay EC order disqualifying Narottam Mishra No immediate relief to Narottam Mishra as HC adjourns hearing Madhya Pradesh HC refuses to stay disqualification of Minister Mishra
The Delhi High Court will on Thursday hear BJP minister Narottam Mishra's plea against Election Commission's order which had barred him from contesting elections for three years in connection with a paid news case.
"Whether I will remain a member or not, that probably has not been mentioned. I also haven't got the order yet.
I will go to the high court," Mishra told ANI
The decision was based on a complaint by former Congress MLA Rajendra Bharti in April 2009, alleging Mishra hadn't filed certain details in his election expenditure during the 2008 assembly elections.
The court, however, vacated the stay order after considering the facts submitted by complainant's counsel.
Last year, the poll panel questioned Mishra in Delhi about the allegations. It found that he hadn't revealed his expenditure on paid news.
It should be noted that the Election Commission has the power to disqualify a candidate if he fails to submit the account of expenses within time.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)