You are here: Home » News-ANI » National
Business Standard

Govt. can't silence me by targeting my son: Chidambaram

ANI  |  New Delhi [India] 

Senior leader P. Chidambaram came down heavily on the for issuing a show-cause notice to his son Karti over alleged allegations, asserting that the was trying to muzzle his voice by going after his son.

"The has the habit of recycling allegations from time to time. Today's press release by the ED is another example. The allegations in the press release are baseless, totally false and ridiculous," Chidambaram said in a statement.

However, he claimed that no notice has been served upon Karti so far, adding that if a notice is received, a suitable reply will be sent.

"By targeting Karti Chidambaram with baseless notices, the cannot silence my voice or stop my writing," he added.

Earlier today, the issued a show-cause notice to Karti Chidambaram and others for alleged violations to the tune of Rs. 45 crore.

After over two years of investigations, the issued a similar notice to another Chennai based firm M/s Vasan Health Care Private Limited, for alleged violations of Rs. 2,262 crore.

The said that the show-cause notice has been issued to M/s Advantage Strategic Consulting Private Limited, its directors and also to Karti P. Chidambaram who appears to be the controller and ultimate beneficiary in these transactions.

Under the provisions of the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA),the total amount of contravention identified by the ED, by M/s Vasan Healthcare Private Limited and its overseas investors on different counts in the investments received from overseas investors is nearly Rs.2,100 crore and additional Rs. 162 crore, totalling to Rs. 2,262 crore.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Mon, April 17 2017. 22:13 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU