ALSO READAsian Junior Tennis Championship begins in Pune Indian wild card Nitin wins Asian Junior Tennis Championship boys singles title Taiwan, South Korea lead foreign equity investments in 2016 HCL Asian Junior Tennis Championship 2017 from May 29 Taiwan deploys fighter jets as Chinese aircraft carrier enters its strait
India won 13 medals, which included 2 Gold, 3 Silver and 8 Bronze medals, in the 2017 Junior Asian Championships which concluded on Sunday.
The tournament kicked off in the Taichung city of China's Taiwan Province on June 15, and were wrapped up on June 18.
A total of 24 Indian wrestlers participated in the four-day event.
Boxing Federation of India (BFI) chief Brijbhushan Sharan Singh congratulated the wrestlers for their astounding performance in the event.
The tournament brought together dozens of male and female freestyle and Greco-Roman wrestlers from various Asian countries and regions, including China, Chinese Taipei, India, Iran, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, South Korea and Uzbekistan.
The medals winners for India are as follows:
• 51 Kg category (Women)---Pooja
• 60 Kg free-style category (Men)--- Sharvan
• 44 Kg category (Women)---Sonu
• 84 Kg free-style category (Men)---Deepak
• 120 Kg Greco-Roman category (Men)---Satish
• 59 Kg category (Women)---Manju
• 63 Kg category (Women)---Reshma Mane
• 72 Kg category (Women)---Pooja
• 50 Kg Greco-Roman category (Men)---Manish
• 74 Kg Greco-Roman category (Men)---Saajan
• 84 Kg Greco-Roman category (Men)---Sunil
• 66 Kg free-style category (Men)---Karan
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)