You are here: Home » News-ANI » Sports
Business Standard

Jurgen Klopp dismisses Liverpool move for Joe Hart

ANI  |  London [UK] 

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has ruled out trying to sign Joe Hart, saying there is no desire to sign the goalkeeper now or in the future.

As per reports on Wednesday, the Anfield club were close to a 20m euro deal for the Manchester City keeper, who is currently on loan at Torino.

The club have struggled with their goalkeeping options over the last year, with Loris Karius brought in to compete with under-performing Simon Mignolet.

Hart is expected to leave Manchester City but Klopp is content with current keepers Mignolet and Karius.

"Not now, not in the future," the Independent quoted Klopp as saying when asked about reports that a deal was nigh-on certain.

"Extra competition? We always think about the squad and the goalkeeper, but even when you don't say the name, is it about Joe Hart?" he asked.

The 49-year-old further said that Hart is a fantastic goalkeeper, but Anfield have highest quality goalkeepers.

"We don't talk about things like this, but in this case we can. He is a fantastic goalkeeper, the keeper of the English national team, but we have highest quality goalkeepers, so it is not for us and hopefully not in the future," he said.

"Not because of Joe, but we have already two strong goalkeepers. The situation around the goalkeeper is good," he added.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU