ALSO READPM Modi congratulates India, Russian scientists after Kudankulam 2 achieves criticality BRICS, India-Russia summits set to kick off in Goa today PM arrives in Goa for BRICS, India-Russia summits PM Modi meets Russian President Putin, holds talks India, Russia pact likely on Kudankulam n-plant units 5, 6
As Prime Minister Narendra Modi held bilateral talks with Russian President at the 17th India-Russia Annual Summit in Goa on Saturday, both nations signed 16 Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) in various fields and made three announcements.
The signing and exchange of MOUs took place in the presence of Prime Minister Modi and President Vladimir V. Putin, which included key defence and energy deals, collaboration in space technology and cooperation in International Information Security among others.
List of agreements/MOUs exchanged during India-Russia Annual Summit are as follows:
1) Memorandum of Understanding proposed to be executed between EDB, Joint Stock Company ?lexeev's Central Hydrofoil Design Bureau, Joint Stock Company Radar Mms, Joint Stock Company Morinsis-AGAT and Elcom Systems Private Limited for developing the following:(i) a single integrated Transport Logistics System, (ii) concept of "Smart city", and (iii) intellectual monitoring system for the areas of high responsibility, in Andhra Pradesh.
2) MoU between JSC United Shipbuilding Corporation and the Council for Economic Cooperation of Andhra Pradesh on studying perspectives for cooperation in shipbuilding, implementation of infrastructure projects, transfer of technologies and training foreign specialists.
3) MoU between JSC "Rusinformexport" and the Ministry of Urban Development of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, State Company National Buildings Construction Corporation Ltd., Government of Haryana on Cooperation in the implementation of "smart cities" program in India with the use of IT solutions of the Russian companies.
5) Cooperation Agreement in the area of Education and Training between Rosneft Oil Company and ONGC Videsh Limited.
6) Signing of MoU for setting up of Investment Fund between NIIF and RDIF.
7) Signing of MoU for Cooperation between Indian and Russian railways in increasing the speed of trains between Nagpur- Secundrabad / Hyderabad
8) Signing of the shareholder agreement for establishing a Joint Venture to manufacture Ka-226T helicopter in India.
9) MoU between ISRO and ROSCOSMOS on Mutual Allocation of Ground Measurement Gathering Stations for GLONASS AND NAvIC
11) MoU between Department of Science & Technology (India) and FASO (Russia)
12) Programme of Cooperation in Oil and Gas Sector for the period 2017-18
13) Protocol for consultations between the Ministry of External Affairs & Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia for the period 2017-18.
14) Agreement on cooperation in International Information Security.
15) Signing of IGA to purchase/construct four additional 1135.6 frigates though partnership between Russian and Indian shipyard
16) Signing of IGA for the procurement of S-400 Air Defence System.
The three announcements are:
1) Essar - Rosneft announcement
2) 'Roadmap of Events' to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between India and Russian in 2017
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)