You are here: Home » News-ANI » National
Business Standard

Odisha: Over 100 kids fall sick after consuming meals in school

ANI  |  Malkangiri (Odisha) [India] 

Over 98 school girls were rescued on Friday from a school complex of Odisha's Malkangiri after they allegedly suffered from food poisoning.

According to reports, school children of Girls Education complex of Badapada High School near COB Badapada suffered food poisoning after eating flattened rice in breakfast. They later started vomiting and fell sick.

On receiving information, officials from nearby camp made efforts to save the children and ferried them using speed boat to Chitrakonda civil hospital.

About 35 girls of the total affected are reportedly critical.

This is not the first incident of food poisoning in

On Thursday, over 150 students of four primary schools fell ill after consuming mid-day meal in Odisha's Kalahandi's Lanjigarh block.

The affected students were admitted to hospital at Biswanathpur after they complained of vomiting, loose motion, nausea and stomach pain.

Two girl students of Bandhapari Kasurba Gandhi Vidyalaya were referred to Bhawanipatna hospital but were later admitted to Burla VSS Medical College and Hospital after their condition turned critical.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Fri, September 15 2017. 21:13 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU