You are here: Home » News-ANI » National
Business Standard

Reduction in Chinese troops post truce in Doklam: Army chief

ANI  |  New Delhi [India] 

Bipin on Monday said there had been a major reduction in the Chinese troops at the plateau region between and China, after a truce was called last year.

The 73-day stand-off came to an end on August 28 after the two sides agreed to withdraw their respective troops from the plateau and the Chinese troops stopped building a key road close to India's corridor.

The road was being built by in an area also claimed by

Commenting on reported intrusion of Chinese in Arunachal Pradesh, said that the matter "has been sorted out".

"There has been a very major reduction (of troops) from the Chinese side," he told the media.

"It has been sorted out and we have had our border personnel meeting after that," he said, when asked about the intrusion.

Earlier in the day while addressing a seminar on the technology, said that the "would like to" move away from in and "fight the next war" with

"We would like to gradually move away from (in defence technology), because for a nation like ours, the time has come to ensure that we fight the next war with homemade solutions," he said.

He also called for modernisation of the armed forces, adding the time has come to look take cues from the 'Arthashastra' and 'Chanakya Niti'.

"There is a huge requirement of modernisation of our armed forces, in every field. The future wars will be fought in difficult terrains and circumstances and we have to be prepared for them," the said.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Mon, January 08 2018. 15:15 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU