You are here: Home » News-ANI » International » World
Business Standard

US: 12 preschoolers injured as teacher's science experiment goes wrong

ANI  |  New York [USA] 

Twelve preschoolers were injured after a Houston teacher's science experiment went wrong.

The teacher was show a preschool class how flames change color using when the mixture suddenly erupted, the CNN quoted a fire official as saying.

Most students suffered minor burns while seven were rushed to Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital.

The incident occurred outdoors Tuesday morning at the Yellow School, a preschool run by Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church.

The teacher mixed boric acid and methanol and tried to light it without success so, the teacher added more alcohol and lit the mixture, and a chemical flash occurred.

All the children were released to their parents Tuesday night and the Village Fire Department is investigating.

"It was an experiment that went wrong. There was a brief moment of flame and it was put out fairly quickly," said Bob Giles, business administrator at the church.

"This incident will be investigated swiftly and thoroughly, and we will keep the congregation up to date as more facts emerge. Our primary concern is the health and safety of our children, and The Yellow School asks for your prayers for the injured and their families, as well as staff and students," said the Yellow School in a statement.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

US: 12 preschoolers injured as teacher's science experiment goes wrong

Twelve preschoolers were injured after a Houston teacher's science experiment went wrong.The teacher was show a preschool class how flames change color using when the mixture suddenly erupted, the CNN quoted a fire official as saying.Most students suffered minor burns while seven were rushed to Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital.The incident occurred outdoors Tuesday morning at the Yellow School, a preschool run by Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church.The teacher mixed boric acid and methanol and tried to light it without success so, the teacher added more alcohol and lit the mixture, and a chemical flash occurred.All the children were released to their parents Tuesday night and the Village Fire Department is investigating."It was an experiment that went wrong. There was a brief moment of flame and it was put out fairly quickly," said Bob Giles, business administrator at the church."This incident will be investigated swiftly and thoroughly, and we will keep the congregation up to date ...

Twelve preschoolers were injured after a Houston teacher's science experiment went wrong.

The teacher was show a preschool class how flames change color using when the mixture suddenly erupted, the CNN quoted a fire official as saying.

Most students suffered minor burns while seven were rushed to Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital.

The incident occurred outdoors Tuesday morning at the Yellow School, a preschool run by Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church.

The teacher mixed boric acid and methanol and tried to light it without success so, the teacher added more alcohol and lit the mixture, and a chemical flash occurred.

All the children were released to their parents Tuesday night and the Village Fire Department is investigating.

"It was an experiment that went wrong. There was a brief moment of flame and it was put out fairly quickly," said Bob Giles, business administrator at the church.

"This incident will be investigated swiftly and thoroughly, and we will keep the congregation up to date as more facts emerge. Our primary concern is the health and safety of our children, and The Yellow School asks for your prayers for the injured and their families, as well as staff and students," said the Yellow School in a statement.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

image
Business Standard
177 22

US: 12 preschoolers injured as teacher's science experiment goes wrong

Twelve preschoolers were injured after a Houston teacher's science experiment went wrong.

The teacher was show a preschool class how flames change color using when the mixture suddenly erupted, the CNN quoted a fire official as saying.

Most students suffered minor burns while seven were rushed to Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital.

The incident occurred outdoors Tuesday morning at the Yellow School, a preschool run by Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church.

The teacher mixed boric acid and methanol and tried to light it without success so, the teacher added more alcohol and lit the mixture, and a chemical flash occurred.

All the children were released to their parents Tuesday night and the Village Fire Department is investigating.

"It was an experiment that went wrong. There was a brief moment of flame and it was put out fairly quickly," said Bob Giles, business administrator at the church.

"This incident will be investigated swiftly and thoroughly, and we will keep the congregation up to date as more facts emerge. Our primary concern is the health and safety of our children, and The Yellow School asks for your prayers for the injured and their families, as well as staff and students," said the Yellow School in a statement.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

image
Business Standard
177 22