You are here: Home » News-CM » International » Market Report
Business Standard

China Producer Prices for the Industrial Sector Up In September

Capital Market 

Producer Price Index (PPI) for manufactured goods increased 0.5% month-on-month, and increased 0.1% year-on-year in September 2016, according to National Bureau of Statistics of data released on Tuesday. Since March 2012, the year-on-year growth rate has turned to positive from negative for the first time. The purchasing price index for manufactured goods increased 0.4% month-on-month, and decreased 0.6% year-on-year. On average from January to September, the PPI decreased 2.9% year-on-year, the purchasing price index for manufactured goods went down by 3.8% year-on-year.

Year-on-Year Changes of Prices of Different Categories

The year-on-year change of producer prices for means of production increased 0.1%, meaning 0.1 percentage point increase in the overall price level. Of which, producer prices for mining and quarrying industry increased 2.1%; that of raw materials industry decreased 0.2%; that of manufacturing and processing industry increased 0.1%. Producer prices for consumer goods remained at the same level (the amount of change was 0, similarly hereinafter) year-on-year. Of which, producer prices for foodstuff increased 0.3%, that of clothing increased 0.7%, that of commodities increased 0.5%, and that of durable consumer goods dropped by 1.5%. According to estimation, in the 0.1% increase in September, the carryover effect of last year's prices changing was -1.5 percentage points, while new prices rising factors accounted for 1.6 percentage points.

The year-on-year purchaser price indices for fuel and power decreased 1.9%, chemical raw materials went down by 1.6%, ferrous metal materials increased 1.8%, non-ferrous metal materials and wires went up by 0.3%.

Month-on-Month Changes of Prices of Different Categories

The producer prices for means of production increased 0.6% month-on-month, meaning 0.5 percentage points increase in the overall price level. Of the total, producer prices for mining and quarrying industry went up by 2.9%, that of raw materials industry increased 1.1%, that of manufacturing and processing industry increased 0.2%. Producer prices for consumer goods remained at the same level month-on-month. Of which, producer prices for foodstuff increased 0.1%, that of clothing increased 0.2%, that of commodities decreased 0.2%, durable consumer goods decreased 0.1%.

The month-on-month purchaser price indices for fuel and power went up by 1.3%, that of ferrous metal materials increased 0.9%, that of building materials and non-metallic went up by 0.5%, that of non-ferrous metal materials and wires went up by 0.2%.

Powered by Capital Market - Live News

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

China Producer Prices for the Industrial Sector Up In September

Year-on-Year Changes of Prices of Different Categories Producer Price Index (PPI) for manufactured goods increased 0.5% month-on-month, and increased 0.1% year-on-year in September 2016, according to National Bureau of Statistics of data released on Tuesday. Since March 2012, the year-on-year growth rate has turned to positive from negative for the first time. The purchasing price index for manufactured goods increased 0.4% month-on-month, and decreased 0.6% year-on-year. On average from January to September, the PPI decreased 2.9% year-on-year, the purchasing price index for manufactured goods went down by 3.8% year-on-year.

Year-on-Year Changes of Prices of Different Categories

The year-on-year change of producer prices for means of production increased 0.1%, meaning 0.1 percentage point increase in the overall price level. Of which, producer prices for mining and quarrying industry increased 2.1%; that of raw materials industry decreased 0.2%; that of manufacturing and processing industry increased 0.1%. Producer prices for consumer goods remained at the same level (the amount of change was 0, similarly hereinafter) year-on-year. Of which, producer prices for foodstuff increased 0.3%, that of clothing increased 0.7%, that of commodities increased 0.5%, and that of durable consumer goods dropped by 1.5%. According to estimation, in the 0.1% increase in September, the carryover effect of last year's prices changing was -1.5 percentage points, while new prices rising factors accounted for 1.6 percentage points.

The year-on-year purchaser price indices for fuel and power decreased 1.9%, chemical raw materials went down by 1.6%, ferrous metal materials increased 1.8%, non-ferrous metal materials and wires went up by 0.3%.

Month-on-Month Changes of Prices of Different Categories

The producer prices for means of production increased 0.6% month-on-month, meaning 0.5 percentage points increase in the overall price level. Of the total, producer prices for mining and quarrying industry went up by 2.9%, that of raw materials industry increased 1.1%, that of manufacturing and processing industry increased 0.2%. Producer prices for consumer goods remained at the same level month-on-month. Of which, producer prices for foodstuff increased 0.1%, that of clothing increased 0.2%, that of commodities decreased 0.2%, durable consumer goods decreased 0.1%.

The month-on-month purchaser price indices for fuel and power went up by 1.3%, that of ferrous metal materials increased 0.9%, that of building materials and non-metallic went up by 0.5%, that of non-ferrous metal materials and wires went up by 0.2%.

Powered by Capital Market - Live News

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

image
Business Standard
177 22

China Producer Prices for the Industrial Sector Up In September

Producer Price Index (PPI) for manufactured goods increased 0.5% month-on-month, and increased 0.1% year-on-year in September 2016, according to National Bureau of Statistics of data released on Tuesday. Since March 2012, the year-on-year growth rate has turned to positive from negative for the first time. The purchasing price index for manufactured goods increased 0.4% month-on-month, and decreased 0.6% year-on-year. On average from January to September, the PPI decreased 2.9% year-on-year, the purchasing price index for manufactured goods went down by 3.8% year-on-year.

Year-on-Year Changes of Prices of Different Categories

The year-on-year change of producer prices for means of production increased 0.1%, meaning 0.1 percentage point increase in the overall price level. Of which, producer prices for mining and quarrying industry increased 2.1%; that of raw materials industry decreased 0.2%; that of manufacturing and processing industry increased 0.1%. Producer prices for consumer goods remained at the same level (the amount of change was 0, similarly hereinafter) year-on-year. Of which, producer prices for foodstuff increased 0.3%, that of clothing increased 0.7%, that of commodities increased 0.5%, and that of durable consumer goods dropped by 1.5%. According to estimation, in the 0.1% increase in September, the carryover effect of last year's prices changing was -1.5 percentage points, while new prices rising factors accounted for 1.6 percentage points.

The year-on-year purchaser price indices for fuel and power decreased 1.9%, chemical raw materials went down by 1.6%, ferrous metal materials increased 1.8%, non-ferrous metal materials and wires went up by 0.3%.

Month-on-Month Changes of Prices of Different Categories

The producer prices for means of production increased 0.6% month-on-month, meaning 0.5 percentage points increase in the overall price level. Of the total, producer prices for mining and quarrying industry went up by 2.9%, that of raw materials industry increased 1.1%, that of manufacturing and processing industry increased 0.2%. Producer prices for consumer goods remained at the same level month-on-month. Of which, producer prices for foodstuff increased 0.1%, that of clothing increased 0.2%, that of commodities decreased 0.2%, durable consumer goods decreased 0.1%.

The month-on-month purchaser price indices for fuel and power went up by 1.3%, that of ferrous metal materials increased 0.9%, that of building materials and non-metallic went up by 0.5%, that of non-ferrous metal materials and wires went up by 0.2%.

Powered by Capital Market - Live News

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

image
Business Standard
177 22

Upgrade To Premium Services

Welcome User

Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"

As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:

  • Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
  • Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
  • Access to 17 plus years of content archives
  • Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
  • End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
  • NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.
 

Premium Services

In Partnership with

 

Dear Guest,

 

Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.

Enjoy Reading!
Team Business Standard