You are here: Home » News-IANS » Sports
Business Standard

177 cases of norovirus infection confirmed in PyeongChang

IANS  |  Seoul 

Organisers of the PyeongChang said Monday a total of 177 cases of infection have been confirmed since the outbreak in the Olympic host town last week.

The organising committee added that 19 new cases were confirmed on Sunday.

No athletes have been affected by the virus, which is known to cause stomach pain and diarrhea, it said, reports news agency.

The newly confirmed patients include three members of civil security staff.

The organisers said 68 of those affected have fully recovered and returned to work.

The organising committee earlier said in a statement that a survey of tap water, and was under way to trace the route of transmission.

--IANS

sam/mr

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Mon, February 12 2018. 15:32 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU