ALSO READ300 girl students taken ill due to chemical leakage in Delhi Food poisoning leaves 36 tourists ill in Ukraine 2 killed, hundreds ill in food poisoning at Iraqi camp 450 girl students taken ill due to chemical leakage in Delhi JNTU Kakinada students diagnosed with food poisoning, blame hostel food
At least 80 girl students were taken ill at a college in Mirzapur reportedly after consuming sub-standard food, officials said on Thursday.
The incident of food poisoning took place at the Ashram Paddati Girls Inter college in Madihan.
The girls who were vomiting, feeling nauseous and complaining of stomach pain, were immediately rushed to the nearby community health centre and treated.
The condition of about a dozen students is stated to be serious while the others have been discharged, an official told IANS. "There is no cause for worry now."
District officials have rushed to the college.
Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) Savita Yadav who reached the college said students and parents had complained that the food served at the college was sub-standard. A probe has been ordered.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)