Business Standard

China kindergarten blast: Bomber among 8 dead

IANS  |  Beijing 

An at the gates of a Chinese kindergarten that killed eight people was caused by a 22-year-old man who died in the blast, police said on Friday.

Police identified the suspect as Xu, a local resident of Quanshan District, Xuzhou of Jiangsu Province. Bomb-making materials were found in the flat where he lived, Xinhua news agency reported.

The words "die" and "death" had been scrawled on the walls of his flat. Xu worked near the kindergarten and was allegedly diagnosed with a neurological disorder.

The took place on Thursday at the entrance to the kindergarten in Fengxian County as children were being picked up by their parents. At least 65 people were injured in the blast, among whom eight were in critical condition.

The incident is being treated as a criminal act. Fengxian officials said none of the children or teachers at the kindergarten were among the casualties.

In a video footage broadcast by CCTV news, adults and children were seen lying on the ground that was stained with blood.

Some of the injured were seen trying to get up while others shouted for help.

Deputy Minister of Public Security Huang Ming arrived at the site to oversee investigations, while Public Security Minister Guo Shengkun ordered beefing up security at other densely populated areas.

--IANS

soni/dg

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

China kindergarten blast: Bomber among 8 dead

An explosion at the gates of a Chinese kindergarten that killed eight people was caused by a 22-year-old man who died in the blast, police said on Friday.

An at the gates of a Chinese kindergarten that killed eight people was caused by a 22-year-old man who died in the blast, police said on Friday.

Police identified the suspect as Xu, a local resident of Quanshan District, Xuzhou of Jiangsu Province. Bomb-making materials were found in the flat where he lived, Xinhua news agency reported.

The words "die" and "death" had been scrawled on the walls of his flat. Xu worked near the kindergarten and was allegedly diagnosed with a neurological disorder.

The took place on Thursday at the entrance to the kindergarten in Fengxian County as children were being picked up by their parents. At least 65 people were injured in the blast, among whom eight were in critical condition.

The incident is being treated as a criminal act. Fengxian officials said none of the children or teachers at the kindergarten were among the casualties.

In a video footage broadcast by CCTV news, adults and children were seen lying on the ground that was stained with blood.

Some of the injured were seen trying to get up while others shouted for help.

Deputy Minister of Public Security Huang Ming arrived at the site to oversee investigations, while Public Security Minister Guo Shengkun ordered beefing up security at other densely populated areas.

--IANS

soni/dg

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

image
Business Standard
177 22

China kindergarten blast: Bomber among 8 dead

An at the gates of a Chinese kindergarten that killed eight people was caused by a 22-year-old man who died in the blast, police said on Friday.

Police identified the suspect as Xu, a local resident of Quanshan District, Xuzhou of Jiangsu Province. Bomb-making materials were found in the flat where he lived, Xinhua news agency reported.

The words "die" and "death" had been scrawled on the walls of his flat. Xu worked near the kindergarten and was allegedly diagnosed with a neurological disorder.

The took place on Thursday at the entrance to the kindergarten in Fengxian County as children were being picked up by their parents. At least 65 people were injured in the blast, among whom eight were in critical condition.

The incident is being treated as a criminal act. Fengxian officials said none of the children or teachers at the kindergarten were among the casualties.

In a video footage broadcast by CCTV news, adults and children were seen lying on the ground that was stained with blood.

Some of the injured were seen trying to get up while others shouted for help.

Deputy Minister of Public Security Huang Ming arrived at the site to oversee investigations, while Public Security Minister Guo Shengkun ordered beefing up security at other densely populated areas.

--IANS

soni/dg

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

image
Business Standard
177 22