Auto Segment
Mutual Fund Segment
My Budget
Expert Speak
In Association With
Business Standard

Contaminated ice-cream sickens 30 Pakistani kids

Related News

At least 30 children in Pakistan's province fell unconscious and had to be rushed to hospital after they ate ice-cream bought from vendors, a media report said Sunday.

The incident took place Saturday in Dera Masti village in Bahawalpur district, the Dawn reported.

Police said the children were rushed to a nearby basic health unit where 20 of them regained consciousness and the remaining 10, said to be in a serious condition, were shifted to the Bahawal Victoria Hospital.

Police arrested two ice-cream vendors, Anees and Kashif, and sent their stock for chemical tests.

Read more on:   

Read More

'Brain-eating' amoeba kills 40-year-old Pakistani

Naegleria fowleri, a waterborne organism commonly known as the "brain-eating" amoeba, has led to the death of a 40-year-old man in Pakistan's Karachi ...

Recommended for you

Quick Links


Back to Top