At least 30 children in Pakistan's Punjab province fell unconscious and had to be rushed to hospital after they ate ice-cream bought from vendors, a media report said Sunday.
The incident took place Saturday in Dera Masti village in Bahawalpur district, the Dawn reported.
Police said the children were rushed to a nearby basic health unit where 20 of them regained consciousness and the remaining 10, said to be in a serious condition, were shifted to the Bahawal Victoria Hospital.
Police arrested two ice-cream vendors, Anees and Kashif, and sent their stock for chemical tests.
Naegleria fowleri, a waterborne organism commonly known as the "brain-eating" amoeba, has led to the death of a 40-year-old man in Pakistan's Karachi ...