You are here: Home » News-IANS » Cinema-Showbiz
Business Standard

Dion, Radiohead Manchester concerts rearranged

IANS  |  Manchester 

Concerts by singer Celine and band Radiohead at Manchester Arena have been moved or postponed after last month's terror attack.

Radiohead were due to play two dates at the venue on July 4 and 5, but will now play a single night at Old Trafford cricket ground on July 4 instead, reports bbc.com.

Extra tickets for the Old Trafford show will go on sale on Saturday. A statement from the promoter said: "The group apologise to fans for any inconvenience."

Dion's shows on June 25 and August 1 have been postponed.

Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow, Key 103 Live and PAW Patrol Live! in June, July and August have all been cancelled. No reopening date has been announced.

The next events in the diary are Linkin Park on July 7 and Blink-182 on July 14. The arena's spokesperson has not commented on the status of those shows.

Twenty two people died in the bombing at the end of an Ariana Grande concert at the arena on May 22.

In a statement, the arena said the latest shows had been put off "following last month's tragic incident and the subsequent temporary closure of the main area outside the venue".

--IANS

nn/rb

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU