Business Standard

Eight die from toxic gas while cleaning sewage in China

IANS  |  Beijing 

Eight persons were killed and two fell ill from toxic gas on Friday while cleaning a sewage discharge outlet in Dalian, a port city in China's Liaoning province, authorities said.

Villagers and workers fell unconscious while entering a sewage pool at a kelp processing plant to clean the blocked outlet in Yanchang New Village in Lushunkou district, Xinhua news agency cited the district's Party committee as saying in a statement.

Other villagers trying to save them also inhaled the gas and fell into the pool, it said.

--IANS

py/bg

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

Eight die from toxic gas while cleaning sewage in China

Eight persons were killed and two fell ill from toxic gas on Friday while cleaning a sewage discharge outlet in Dalian, a port city in China's Liaoning province, authorities said.

Eight persons were killed and two fell ill from toxic gas on Friday while cleaning a sewage discharge outlet in Dalian, a port city in China's Liaoning province, authorities said.

Villagers and workers fell unconscious while entering a sewage pool at a kelp processing plant to clean the blocked outlet in Yanchang New Village in Lushunkou district, Xinhua news agency cited the district's Party committee as saying in a statement.

Other villagers trying to save them also inhaled the gas and fell into the pool, it said.

--IANS

py/bg

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

image
Business Standard
177 22

Eight die from toxic gas while cleaning sewage in China

Eight persons were killed and two fell ill from toxic gas on Friday while cleaning a sewage discharge outlet in Dalian, a port city in China's Liaoning province, authorities said.

Villagers and workers fell unconscious while entering a sewage pool at a kelp processing plant to clean the blocked outlet in Yanchang New Village in Lushunkou district, Xinhua news agency cited the district's Party committee as saying in a statement.

Other villagers trying to save them also inhaled the gas and fell into the pool, it said.

--IANS

py/bg

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

image
Business Standard
177 22