Business Standard

Fire breaks out in Kolkata restaurant

IANS  |  Kolkata 

A fire broke out in a fast-food restaurant here on Thursday close to the civic body's office, a fire department official said. There were no casualties.

The blaze erupted around 10.25 a.m. at the restaurant in the New Market area near the Municipal Corporation office. The British-era market place is one of the busiest's spots in the heart of the city.

"Three fire tenders were pressed into service. The blaze was due to a LPG cylinder explosion," the official said.

--IANS

sgh/in/vm

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Thu, November 09 2017. 13:00 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU