ALSO READAngelique Kerber wants to lead WTA rankings as long as possible Sania continues to dominate WTA doubles ranking Kerber wins in first round of US Open (Lead, correcting dateline) Winning Grand Slams still remains priority for Rio-bound Kerber Germany: police detain alleged high-ranking IS member
Germany's Angelique Kerber retained the top spot with 8.310 points in the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) rankings released on Monday.
Serena Williams, who had announced that she has withdrawn from WTA Finals in Singapore to be held from October 23 due to a shoulder injury, is at second place with 7.050 points.
The current WTA rankings and points scored are as follows:
1. Angelique Kerber (Germany) 8.310 points
2. Serena Williams (US) 7.050 points
3. Agnieszka Radwanska (Poland) 6.050 points
4. Simona Halep (Romania) 5.097 points
5. Karolina Pliskova (Czech) 4.440 points
6. Garbine Muguruza (Spain) 4.425 points
7. Madison Keys (US) 3.797 points
8. Dominika Cibulkova (Slovakia) 3.625 points
9. Svetlana Kuznetsova (Russia) 3.540 points
10.Johanna Konta (United Kingdom) 3.455 points.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)