Business Standard

Gurugram school murder: Court reserves order

IANS  |  Gurugram 

The hearing on all three appeals in the case of a 7-year-old boy's murder in a private school was completed on Monday and the kept the order reserved for May 21, a said.

"The CBI said in the court that the agency will take another one and a half months to file the supplementary chargesheet. The date for filing supplementary chargesheet and starting the trial in the matter will be decided on July 4," a told IANS.

Of the three appeals, the first was whether the accused should be tried as an adult or a minor.

The second was regarding the finger prints of the arrested Class 11 student of the same private school here on Sohna road where the child was found with his throat slit in the washroom on September 8.

In the third appeal, the alleged the CBI kept the boy in custody to question him for long hours and did not follow the time limit advisory.

On February 5, the CBI filed a charge sheet in the case before the court of which is treating the juvenile accused as an adult for allegedly committing the murder.

The on December 20 last year held that the teenager would be tried as an adult and directed that he be produced before the

Earlier, the court barred the media from using the name of the accused minor and asked it to use fictitious names instead.

While the victim was named "Prince" by the court, the juvenile accused was named "Bholu" and the school at Bhondsi was referred to as "Vidyalaya".

--IANS

Pradeep/him/bg

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Mon, May 14 2018. 17:32 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU