You are here: Home » News-IANS » Defence-Security
Business Standard

India dismisses Pakistani media report on surgical strikes

IANS  |  New Delhi 

on Friday dismissed a Pakistani media report that cited Foreign Secretary S. Jaishankar as telling German Ambassador Martin Ney that there was no surgical attack carried out by the on terror launch pads across the Line of Control (LoC) in last month.

External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Vikas Swarup said the report titled "Indian FS admits surgical strikes was a bluff" carried in the News International English daily of Pakistan "is completely concocted and baseless".

"The German Ambassador, Martin Ney, was in the group of foreign envoys briefed by the Foreign Secretary on September 29 on the surgical strikes. They have had no further conversation since on this subject," Swarup said.

The carried out the surgical strikes across the in the early hours of September 29.

This came after the September 18 cross-border terror attack on an army camp at Uri in in which 19 Indian soldiers lost their lives.

has blamed the Pakistan-based terror outfit Jaish-e-Mohammed for the attack.

The News International cited a meeting between German authorities and Pakistan embassy officials and claimed that Jaishankar told Ney that the surgical attacks did not take place.

After the operation on September 29, Director General Military Operations Lt. Gen. Ranbir Singh told the media that the surgical strikes were carried out "based on very credible and specific information".

He added that "some terrorist teams had positioned themselves at launch pads along the with an aim to carry out infiltration and terrorist strikes in and in various other metros in our country".

"During these counter terrorist operations, significant casualties have been caused to the terrorists and those who are trying to support them," Lt. Gen. Singh said.

Following this, Foreign Secretary Jaishankar briefed the envoys of 22 nations, including German Ambassador Ney, regarding the operation.

--IANS

ab/ksk/vt

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

India dismisses Pakistani media report on surgical strikes

India on Friday dismissed a Pakistani media report that cited Foreign Secretary S. Jaishankar as telling German Ambassador Martin Ney that there was no surgical attack carried out by the Indian Army on terror launch pads across the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir last month.

on Friday dismissed a Pakistani media report that cited Foreign Secretary S. Jaishankar as telling German Ambassador Martin Ney that there was no surgical attack carried out by the on terror launch pads across the Line of Control (LoC) in last month.

External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Vikas Swarup said the report titled "Indian FS admits surgical strikes was a bluff" carried in the News International English daily of Pakistan "is completely concocted and baseless".

"The German Ambassador, Martin Ney, was in the group of foreign envoys briefed by the Foreign Secretary on September 29 on the surgical strikes. They have had no further conversation since on this subject," Swarup said.

The carried out the surgical strikes across the in the early hours of September 29.

This came after the September 18 cross-border terror attack on an army camp at Uri in in which 19 Indian soldiers lost their lives.

has blamed the Pakistan-based terror outfit Jaish-e-Mohammed for the attack.

The News International cited a meeting between German authorities and Pakistan embassy officials and claimed that Jaishankar told Ney that the surgical attacks did not take place.

After the operation on September 29, Director General Military Operations Lt. Gen. Ranbir Singh told the media that the surgical strikes were carried out "based on very credible and specific information".

He added that "some terrorist teams had positioned themselves at launch pads along the with an aim to carry out infiltration and terrorist strikes in and in various other metros in our country".

"During these counter terrorist operations, significant casualties have been caused to the terrorists and those who are trying to support them," Lt. Gen. Singh said.

Following this, Foreign Secretary Jaishankar briefed the envoys of 22 nations, including German Ambassador Ney, regarding the operation.

--IANS

ab/ksk/vt

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

image
Business Standard
177 22

India dismisses Pakistani media report on surgical strikes

on Friday dismissed a Pakistani media report that cited Foreign Secretary S. Jaishankar as telling German Ambassador Martin Ney that there was no surgical attack carried out by the on terror launch pads across the Line of Control (LoC) in last month.

External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Vikas Swarup said the report titled "Indian FS admits surgical strikes was a bluff" carried in the News International English daily of Pakistan "is completely concocted and baseless".

"The German Ambassador, Martin Ney, was in the group of foreign envoys briefed by the Foreign Secretary on September 29 on the surgical strikes. They have had no further conversation since on this subject," Swarup said.

The carried out the surgical strikes across the in the early hours of September 29.

This came after the September 18 cross-border terror attack on an army camp at Uri in in which 19 Indian soldiers lost their lives.

has blamed the Pakistan-based terror outfit Jaish-e-Mohammed for the attack.

The News International cited a meeting between German authorities and Pakistan embassy officials and claimed that Jaishankar told Ney that the surgical attacks did not take place.

After the operation on September 29, Director General Military Operations Lt. Gen. Ranbir Singh told the media that the surgical strikes were carried out "based on very credible and specific information".

He added that "some terrorist teams had positioned themselves at launch pads along the with an aim to carry out infiltration and terrorist strikes in and in various other metros in our country".

"During these counter terrorist operations, significant casualties have been caused to the terrorists and those who are trying to support them," Lt. Gen. Singh said.

Following this, Foreign Secretary Jaishankar briefed the envoys of 22 nations, including German Ambassador Ney, regarding the operation.

--IANS

ab/ksk/vt

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

image
Business Standard
177 22

Upgrade To Premium Services

Welcome User

Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"

As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:

  • Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
  • Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
  • Access to 17 plus years of content archives
  • Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
  • End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
  • NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.
 

Premium Services

In Partnership with

 

Dear Guest,

 

Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.

Enjoy Reading!
Team Business Standard