You are here: Home » News-IANS » Politics
Business Standard

Minor fire in West Bengal assembly

IANS  |  Kolkata 

On a day the Presidential was held in its premises, a minor fire broke out in the assembly on Monday.

The fire broke out in Education Minister Partha Chatterjee's room at around 6.00 p.m. The Presidential polls were over at 5.

"The fire was seen from the split air conditioning machine in Chatterjee's room. Four fire tenders were pressed into service to put out the blaze," a fire department official said.

"It was a minor fire. It was possibly caused by a short circuit in the AC machine," the official added.

--IANS

mgr/ssp/ahm/mr

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Mon, July 17 2017. 21:14 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU