ALSO READB.N. Sharma named Chairman of National Anti-Profiteering Authority N. Chandrasekaran named Tata Global Beverages chairman IAS officer B.N. Sharma appointed Chairman, National Anti-profiteering Authority Tata Power Company signs Distribution Franchisee Agreement with Ajmer Vidyut Vitran Nigam Goh Choon Phong named new IATA Chairman
Nand Lal Sharma has been appointed the Chairman and Managing Director of the public sector power generator Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam (SJVN), the company announced on Friday.
Prior to this appointment, Sharma was the Director (Personnel) in the undertaking, an SJVN release said here. Before joing SJVN, he had served in the Himachal Pradesh Administrative Services in various capacities, the statement added.
SJVNL's maiden 1,500 MW Nathpa Jhakri hydropower project, located in Himachal's Kinnaur district, had started operating in 2004-05.
SJVNL's 47.6 MW wind power station at Khirvire in Maharashtra's Ahmednagar district, generated 34 million units of electricity in the last fiscal and the company has also ventured into the field of solar power with the commissioning of 5 MW Charanka Solar Power Project in Gujarat in 2016-17.
Earlier this year SJVN said it had generated 9,045 million units of electricity at its three power plants in the last fiscal, surpassing the target of 8,700 million units.
SJVNL is a joint venture between the central and the Himachal Pradesh governments. The Centre holds 74.5 per cent stake, while the state government holds the remaining 25.5 per cent.
However, the central government sold 10 per cent equity in May 2010.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)