Business Standard

No bail for Congress MLA's son in Bengaluru assault case

IANS  |  Bengaluru 

The on Wednesday rejected the petition of ruling MLA N.A. Haris's son Mohammad Nalapad, who was in judicial custody for allegedly assaulting a youth at a city centre cafe on February 17.

"The petition has been dismissed," said Justice in the order.

Nalapad, 24, along with six other accused in the assault case, was sent to the central jail in the city outskirts, after a city court sent them to 14-day judicial custody for investigation.

A sessions court had earlier rejected Nalapad's plea on March 2.

"The felt that the attack on the youth was ghastly and hence dismissed the petition after going through the evidences," told media here.

Meanwhile, Nalapad's told media that he would appeal against the single order before a division bench of the High Court or the

Nalapad and the six accused were arrested on February 19 after they surrendered at the station in the city centre and a kilometre away from in the upscale where the youth (Vidvat) was brutally assaulted following an argument.

Haris, a two-time lawmaker from the Shantinagar assembly segment in the city centre, had earlier tendered an apology in the for the violent conduct of his son.



(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Wed, March 14 2018. 16:32 IST