Business Standard

One dead in Kolkata food shop blaze

IANS  |  Kolkata 

A fire broke out on Wednesday in a fast food shop in killing one person and severely injuring two others, officials said.

"A fire broke out due to a leaking LPG cylinder in a fast food shop in Kolkata's Jadavpur area at around 11.25 a.m. One of the employees in the shop died in the fire while two others were severely injured," a fire brigade official said.

Three fire tenders were pressed into service to control the blaze.

"The two injured persons were rushed to the KPC Hospital and MR Bangur Hospital, respectively," he added.

The fire was put out now but the shop was partially gutted in the incident.

"Forensic tests need to be done to ascertain the cause of the fire," the official said.



(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Wed, April 19 2017. 16:28 IST